Apr 22, 2015

Everday Play Skirt - Sew-A-long, Day 2

Everyday Play Skirt Sew-a-long Day 2
Who is ready to get cutting? I do not print my whole tutorial so go check your PDF for the measurements on the size you plan on making. Today you will be cutting out your skirt, waist band and pockets if you will be joining us tomorrow in adding them. I have chosen to sew up two different styles. One style has inseam pockets with an apron for a extra fun detail and the other has an outside pocket. I already own the Blue Ribbon Winner, so I used it for my outside pocket.

Next, if you are going to be doing a strip-work style skirt go ahead and piece your skirt together and top-stitch leaving a front and a back if you are adding inseam pockets tomorrow, otherwise you can make a complete circle. Go ahead and stop there for today unless you would like to add any extra detail to the skirt panels. I added an apron but you can also embroider or applique for a special touch as well.

See you at Day 3 tomorrow, please share all your creations at the LLK Cafe and send over a Thank you to our Sew-a-long sponsor Andover Fabrics. Tomorrow we will be adding pocket so don't skirt to far ahead on us, this is an bonus you wont find in your pattern!
Sew much fun,
Heather- Leslie's Lavish Boutique

No comments: