I am Alexis of My Sweet Sunshine and I am very excited to host the February Sewalong for Little Lizard King. For this Sewalong we will be sewing The Peggy Sue Dress. I am also excited to be sewing using RJR Fabrics' Solids in My Valentine and Pink Sapphire. Aren't those perfect fabric for my Valentines themed dress! Thank you RJR Fabrics for sending me some of your gorgeous fabric. And guess what ladies... they are giving away the same fabric I am using in the Sewalong to one lucky lady!!! How exciting!
If you have not grabbed your Peggy Sue Dress Pattern you can grab it HERE also make sure you sign up for LLK Cafe Facebook page for a GREAT discount!
Here is the plan for Day 1:
1) First and Most, it's important for everyday of our Sewalong to grab your favorite beverage and snack (today mine is a cupcake and tea).
2) Sign up on LLK Facebook Group to ask questions, share pictures and grab that discount code
3) Buy The Peggy Sue Pattern
4) Choose your fabric- You can pick a Valentines theme like me for anything else that inspires you
5) Find the right size by using the size chart in the pattern
6) Print and Cut your paper pattern
Tomorrow we will Cut our fabric. Try and Play with your fabric you don't have to be matchy matchy unless you want to be :) . Think outside the box and you may surprise yourself. Please share your fabric of choice on LLK Cafe's Facebook page or ask questions if you need help.
See you all Tomorrow for Day 2 for cutting and sewing
Here is a run down of the
Day 1- Buy Pattern, Pick Fabric and Cut Paper Pattern
Day 2 Cutting and Starting your Bodice
Day 3 Finish the Bodice
Day 4 Skirt
Day 5 Attach Skirt to Bodice- Finish