Dec 11, 2013

The Apron Sew-a-long, Day 1

Hi everyone, hope you are all ready to sew sew sew! I am sooo excited to be hosting this sew-a-long for LLK. If you haven't bought your pattern go get it HERE and don't forget to use discount code "mermaids". I have to be honest I have never sewn a full length apron. But, I cannot wait for this one and a doll version. My girls are getting AG dolls for Christmas (mainly because they were on sale) but they will love the matching aprons I am sure. With that said I will not be modeling mine on a child.
Have to remain a surprise, right?
DAY ONE: PRINT PATTERN Piece- I never ever print the whole tutorial (save ink) but with this one I printed the pattern piece and the measurements chart. Pages 3 & 4

Gather your fabrics up. I chose 2 main fabrics since this apron is REVERSIBLE. YUP, you heard me!! WAHOOO less washing! Along with the straps I also chose fabrics to make a pocket and gathered some ricrac, and ribbon too. The more trim the merrier, right? Don't worry we will get all creative tomorrow. So just gather your materials ready to go. I cut out 4-2 daughters and 2 dolls!

OK I know I am going a little crazy with trims... but I love them so. I have an embroidery machine that I really am not that skilled with so anytime I have an opportunity to put a name on a piece of fabric ALONE (not already a sewn piece) I jump all over it. That I can usually handle. If you want to wait til day 2 to gather trims that is just fine too. The whole day will be about that. And don't forget there are applique templates at then end of the pattern!

Go ahead and cut out the pattern piece from the fabric. Then we will be all ready for tomorrow. I can't wait to see all of your fabric choices and trims! Be sure to share pics in the group!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/582456251788674/


No comments: