May 2, 2013

Customer Spotlight - My Sugar Baby

Please allow us to introduce you to one of our wonderful customers, Felicia from My Sugar Baby!!

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
Hi there, my name is Felicia and my entire life I have always loved fashion. I live in the great city of Atlanta, GA and love it here. I am married to a wonderful husband and we have two children. I grew up in Albuquerque, NM and have lived everywhere from Alaska to Florida to a ship that sailed around the world.
(Double Ruffle Knot Top)

Is there a story behind your shop name?
Growing up, a family friend used to call me Sugar Baby, and I always liked that name. I wanted a shop name that meant something to me and was personal. I thought My Sugar Baby was a perfect name.

What is your sewing story?
Who/what inspires you? My entire life I have always loved fashion. It was my dream to be a fashion designer but things just did not work out as I had planned. I spent 9 years in the engineering world and after the birth of my second child I started my own clothing company. God closed one door and opened another. That other door was My Sugar Baby Clothing. I bought a used sewing machine and started reading the manuel. With the help of my Mom who was visiting at the time we created a pillowcase dress. We had no idea what we were doing (it showed) but with each dress it got better and better. I discovered Little Lizard King patterns and learned how to sew from their patterns. Many things inspire my design such as travel, colors, my mood, vintage things and classic styles.

What was your first sewing project?
A Notre Dame themed pillowcase dress. I still have it to remember where I started.

What was your biggest sewing disaster?    
I am not sure I have one single sewing disaster but I have actually taken an entire dress apart because I was not satisfied with the quality.

Tell us about your fabric stash, sewing space, and/or favorite sewing supplies.
My fabic pretty much consists of Amy Butler, Heather Bailey, Michael Miller and Joel Dewberry. I have lots and lots of fabric and find it really fun to buy. I finally have a sewing room in our new house (I used to sew on the dining room table) and I love it. It is very girlie and a bit of a vintage look. I have to say, the best piece of equipment I have is my serger.

Aside from sewing, what do you enjoy doing?
I love to travel, go shopping and listen to music. I am a big fan of CrossFit. I like to get involved in church and other ministries as much as possible.

What advice would you like to share with new sewists?
Don't give up, everything takes time.

Where can we find you online?
My website: http://www.mysugarbaby.weebly.com/ 
Facebook: www.facebook.com/MySugarBabyClothing

Is there anything else you'd like to share with our readers?
Thank you for taking the time to read about My Sugar Baby. Every piece of clothing is made my passion and style.

No comments: