Jun 4, 2012

Favorite Sewing Books

Mr. Lizard and I went to the library a couple months ago to pick up some books for our daughter. While we were there, I decided to peruse the crafty, DIY section in search of some sewing books. The results were terribly disappointing. Not a one to be found. Seriously? It made me stop and think - I need to write a book. However, we have too much on our plates as it is, and a book will not happen anytime soon. One day. Maybe. Today. No way.

Deborah from Whipstitch wrote this one. I've heard it's fab.

Now, I'm turning to you. What sewing books can you recommend? What sources in print do you use for inspiration?

I'm all ears!!!

3 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

I have that book, and I haven't tried a thing from it. Yet.

Your pattern last year was my first attempt as an adult at sewing. I had great success. I think I'll just rest on those laurels...

szl said...

Little Black Dress, Oliver+S, BurdaStyle, Scandinavian Stitches

Mama Lusco said...

I collect old sewing books along with old sewing machines. I love the Vogue Sewing and Complete Book of Sewing by DK. The old Better Homes & Gardens book is also very good. I don't have any of the modern sewing manuals, but these oldies are great!