Sep 29, 2011

Sneek Peek - Tee Pee Tutorial

I've been writing about a top secret tutorial that's in the works on Facebook, and recently I've seen a plethora of tee-pees on the Internet, so I decided to reveal our next release and top secret project -a tee pee tutorial!


Tents and tee pees will be perfect Christmas gifts, and the entire thing folds up quickly and easily to fit in a little corner of a closet. You'll need a few supplies, including five PVC pipes, and in total, supplies (not including fabric) will cost between five and ten dollars at your local hardware store. This is a perfect project for repurposing old fabrics, curtains, sheets, etc.

I cut fabric to use to write this tutorial, and I cannot seem to find it anywhere! I like making this tent with one primary fabric, but it's also fun with a mix-match of prints.


I'm working on the tutorial now, and the first draft is almost ready!!





Allison Olson is the winner of the Facebook guessing game. She was the first to guess that I'm working on a tee pee/tent. 





Are you eager for this release? It takes a lot of fabric, but it's a VERY easy sew!



The lime green tent above was made using recycled curtains that I picked up at a garage sale for five bucks. I had enough material to make two. 

These are perfect for make believe, play dates, photo shoots, Christmas/birthday presents, and just because!

8 comments:

dawnberries said...

It looks awesome! I wonder if I will be able to find the materials here in Angola....

Alison said...

It looks so great! Thanks for the game on Facebook too!
Can't wait to make one for my chicklets.

Jen@thecraftingfiend said...

cute! love it - although I'll likely make it as a birthday gift... -50C isn't fun for playing outside during the holidays

Jen said...

Wow I love it!!! Can't wait for the tutorial!!!

MamaMasse11 said...

OMG! I'm so excited about this! Lizzie needs one asap! Maybe for Christmas since her birthday is tomorrow lol.

Nat623 said...

These are really fun! I made one for my kids using the Simplicity pattern. It looks almost identical LOL :) Good job!

mrsmacolsson said...

Ooh, guess what my next purchase from LLK will be!

Findley Follies said...

How cute is that?! I'll be on the lookout for your pattern release, my kids would love a tee pee! Fun!