Sep 25, 2011

Baby Doll Twirl

Introducing the Baby Doll Twirl!

Originally, the dress pattern was written for sizes 6m-8, but we deleted sizes 7 and 8 based on tester feedback. 
 Oh - this one does require shirring the straps, but it also has an option for elastic instead of the shirred version. I've held off as long as possible on adding a pattern with shirring. Why? Some people are scared to shirr. Enough nonsense. It's time to start, b/c shirring really isn't scary, and once you start, you'll be very glad you did, and you'll quickly want to shirr everything in sight. It's fun, easy, and the results are cute and unique.

My mom showed me a really neat trick yesterday for making ruffled edges using knit. I have Nana Lizard on constant lookout for white shirts at Goodwill, b/c they pair beautifully with all our skirts and dresses. She had several white tops on hand and showed me an easy way to feminize and girlify tees and long sleeves you have. 



For now, enjoy this beautiful gallery of the baby doll twirl dress.



Isn't it fun and feminine?



It takes a lot of fabric, but the twirl factor is pretty impressive. 



3 comments:

Michelle {Daydream Believers} said...

Such cute photos! I just purchased this pattern and I'm looking forward to trying it out soon! :)

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

I'll be 51 in a month, and I still twirl my dresses. It's a girlie must!

jaya pratheesh said...

that pattern is an absolute dream! lovely pictures. great work!