Apr 6, 2011

Shirring is not Scary

Last summer I went nuts making baby rompers/sunsuits for friends and family using this tutorial. Once you start shirring, you will never stop. Shirring is equally as addicting as our obsession with fabric.

Grosgrain provides two excellent tutorials on shirring. 

1. Tutorial number one - on shirring with a brother sewing machine.
2. Grosgrain tutorial number two - on all things shirr.
3. Creative heart - Cracks the shirring problems.

Do you Shirr? If not, I hope you'll try. 

4 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e) said...

Having just learned how to thread my machine one week ago today, I can honestly say, "I didn't even know what shirring was..."

Until now. Maybe someday.

POPPY SEED FABRICS said...

that is so good to know! thanks for the tutorial link. I have been wanting to make some dresses for my little one and have put it off because it looks so hard. but I will now give it a try..

Ticia said...

I LOVE shirring! It is so much fuN!

jaya pratheesh said...

thanks for the links! shirring is one thing i tried many times and succeeded only once. i was tempted by the shirring advice floating on the 'net, and tried and tried but finally succeeded. i blogged abt it here: http://liz1611.blogspot.com/2009/11/shirred-dress-for-karen.html

thanks to you, i'm thinking of starting again... wish me luck!