Mar 11, 2011

DIY Clothing Labels

Cute Little You turned me on to DIY clothing labels.
I'm giving away one set of labels here. 

To start - she sent me a bag full of personalized clothing labels. Wonderful? 
Absolutely! That's Cute Little You!

I make so many clothes, and I NEVER use labels. I can't tell you how many times I forget the specific sizes. It can be a big problem.


How can you make your own clothing labels??

To start. You need to buy printable fabric. I picked up this roll of twill fabric at JoAnn. You can also purchase it by the sheet. 
Cut the fabric into 8.5" x 11" sections. 
Run the photo/printable fabric through your printer. 

Peel the paper off the back of the fabric FIRST. (I cut first, then peeled - big mistake.)


Cut into individual sections.


Attach to clothing. 


Totally step up the professionalism of your product.

Want to win a free set of clothing labels? 

I'm giving away one set of clothing labels on my new website. 


For Giveaway Details -
Go to my new blog  (Complete with instant pattern downloads).


To make your own, additional clothing label tutorials and ideas can be found here:



1 comment:

Cute little You Bowtique said...

One thing I did too was add a sheet of heat and bond under my printed fabric so that they were iron on then sew. It seems like they didn't fray as much and kept there shape.