Feb 2, 2011

Ruffle Skirt Pattern - Coming Soon!

Anything I'm working on is always my current favorite.
This is a ruffle skirt that is nearly ready to go.  

Here are some results from my fabulous pattern testers. 

Mommaloha recently added some fabulous items to her shop. This is just one of the many festive frocks she created.



A Latte Creations made the cutest cupcake birthday set.


With this skirt, you have the option to add three, four, or five ruffles.

 Megan the Bug Creator made this one.

Did I mention that choosing fabric combos for this skirt is a huge effort?

I am insanely crazy about the skirt made by Hot Tots Boutique and picture taken by Pixelations Photography. Insanely crazy! Total perfection.

The ruffle skirt comes with daughter and doll sizes. 


Mommaloha made these. Aren't they the absolute best? She is the inspiration for ALL the dolly and me patterns. Anything she sells, she can also add a matching doll sized version. 

Lori made this sweetie pie!


The funny thing about the cupcake fabric above is that I nearly bought the same thing the other day when they were on sale. After seeing this fabulousness, I regret putting the bolts back. 


 I can't tell you how many compliments we've received on this design -
 
more than usual, and fortunately, this skirt does not require the enormous amount of time the ruffle dress does. It's not a quick and dirty thirty minute skirt, but it's not a major, week long, life consuming project.

Much faster, of course, if you serge the ruffles.

I told my husband the other night that I probably spend more time coordinating fabrics than I do sewing. It's ridiculous. Do you just throw fabrics together and they perfectly coordinate every single time? Not me. HOURS. I spend hours that I don't have selecting, pairing, tossing my selection aside, starting over, and finally making a choice, and then, in the end I always second guess my decisions.


Maybe I should just suck it up and start buying designer fabrics in sets of coordinating prints rather than my HL and JoAnn specials, which I always purchase with a coupon or on sale- almost always. 

Nope. Can't do it. I still love the end result. Speaking of HL, have you seen their spring selection? I can't wait until it goes on sale. Once it does, I'm going on a fabric spree in direct comparison with the time I have to sew, which is very little, so my spree might be more of a quick dash.

Thoughts on the ruffle skirt?

My bestie from college and loyal pattern tester hates all things ruffle. What about you? I'm not too fond of adding ruffles, but I certainly love the end result. This one is definitely worth it.

Pattern name ideas?

These were the most frequently suggested names submitted by my testers. Which one do you like best?
What do you think, or do you have other inspirational ideas? Maybe just ruffle skirt, or should we go with something more festive?

Sassy Bottom
Tooty Fruity
Rumba Ruffle
Layer Cake Skirt



12 comments:

Jessie K said...

So cute! I'm bummed I missed signing up for this one!

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

So cute! Bummed that I missed the boat on pattern testing this one. Keep me in mind for your next pattern please:)

JessicaS said...

I like Layer cake skirt

Jennifer said...

Those skirts are adorable!! I like Rumba Ruffle. :)

Summer said...

LOVE the ruffles! I'm a sucker for anything ruffles! I don't have a clever name suggestion, but nice work!

Nancy's Couture said...

What a cute pattern! I would go with something festive. I like Rumba Ruffle!

Cathy said...

So cute! It reminds me of a petticoat. Maybe you could work that into the name. I would love to pattern test one of these adorable patterns that you keep coming up with. Everything is so beautiful!

Rachel said...

I love the ruffle skirt! Now that my daughter is walking she may even be able to wear something like that.

Great job!

Brooke Douglass said...

Absolutely love it!!! would love to be a pattern tester!!!!! Please keep me in mind!! Thank you! Brooke
brookedouglass@yahoo.com
http://girlboygirlinspired.blogspot.com/

queenbeegymboree said...

I like Rhumba Ruffle and if you ever need a pattern tester, I would LOVE to do it!

Mama Pea said...

It is so cute! I also love the little ruffled tank dress you've been showing on FB lately! Rumba Ruffle is pretty cute. Ruffle Riot?

VickiT said...

OH my gosh! SOOOOOOOO cute.