Oct 11, 2010

Miss Pretty Pretty's Playhouse

When I was a child, my mom made my brothers and I a playhouse we dubbed the three little pig's house. Mom crafted a fabric house that covered our card table; it was complete with a chimney, windows, and door. We spent hours and hours playing in our three little pigs house. It was make believe mania, and I've never seen or heard of anything similar until I met...

Allow me to introduce you to the talented Pretty Pretty who make portable houses for playrooms.
Miss Pretty Pretty's handmade playhouses evoke fond memories of my childhood. Not only does Miss Pretty Pretty sell the cutest custom playhouses in a variety of designs, she also sells a playhouse pattern for DIYers like you and me. Her houses are perfect for imaginative play.

That brings me to the good part. Miss Pretty Pretty is giving away one playhouse PATTERN to Little Lizard King readers. Wouldn't this be a perfect Christmas present for the kiddos?



Simply leave a comment below. Tell me what type playhouse you would make and for whom you would make it.


I'll draw a name soon, so you will have time to finish this before the holiday season!


Thanks, Miss Pretty Pretty...

P.S. It's about time I dig our old three little pigs playhouse out of my mom's sewing closet. We don't have three little piggies, but the one we do have would have a blast with the house!
 P.P.S. For those of you who don't have time to make your own, Miss Pretty Pretty will whip up a custom order just for you.

A playhouse is on my to-do list, along with a t-shirt quilt. I can guarantee you it won't happen while my husband and I are in grad. school. Maybe I can con.... I mean convince Nana Lizard to make one of these for our house, for her favorite grand-daughter (also, the only).

28 comments:

Mandy said...

I'd love to win a pattern, but I have NO IDEA which I'd choose - so many great ones!!

~linds said...

Her playhouses are the best! I would love to make one for my daughter for Christmas, though I don't know how I'd choose! Something pink, that's for sure. :)

brittney said...

Wow! They are AMAZING!! I love the neighborhood cafe!

sweet limes said...

This is amazing because just the other day I was looking at her playhouse patterns and thinking it would be great for my kids. With one boy and one girl (both 2) this would be perfect and I love that it's something that can easily be stored. Winter is just around the corner and in the Canadian chill we need more things to do inside so we can keep all our digits intact.

As to which one I'd make, obviously something bright but neutral so it would be good for both my kids. I love the idea of the tree the fruit on it.

katie said...

my kids would love a playhouse... I'd have to pick a gender neutral design to please both my 4 year old who is all boy and my pretty princess 2 year old...

Ashley & Bobby said...

I would love to win a pattern! I would most likely do the house...it is cute and can go boy/girl. My daughter would love this!!! She is already into crafts :)

Jamie said...

What a great giveaway, thanks! I've been working on a farmhouse one for my sons for some time now, and think it would be wonderful to win a pattern. I'd like to make a second one with a "boy" theme, like firehouse or repair shop.
~Jamie
jamiepurple(at)hotmail(dot)com

lil misses' mama said...

These are wonderful! My favorite is the The Princess' Royal Castle Card Table Playhouse--Reece is very into all things princesses right now, so I would love to sew one for her and baby sister to enjoy!

Kristin PG said...

I would definitely do one of the pretty girly ones for my girl!

Pamela M said...

I would love to do one for my son! I don't know which one I would choose because all the boy ones are so fun! I love the truck!!

kischelle said...

I would definitely make the castle for my little princess! These are such a great idea :)

Mommy of Three said...

these are AWESOME!! My 3 little rugrats would LOVE this! I would choose the 4th one you have pictured, with the front door and the side window with veggies. Its not too girly or too boyish and since i have 2 boys and 1 girl this is very important! =)

trooppetrie said...

so hard to choose but with three little girls I would have to say the princess cake

LuLu said...

Very cute! If I won, I would choose a non-gender specific theme, something bright and exciting!

Also, you have a gift waiting for you at my blog so come on over and grab it!

~Lauri
http://knitsandreads.blogspot.com
l_meinhardt@yahoo.com

Bernice said...

WoW! Aren't they fabulous. I've seen plenty of simplified versions that go over tables but nothing like this! I'd have to go gender-neutral. Maybe something like a little garden house or cabin...hmmm..not sure. Something to ponder.

Jessica said...

These are gorgeous! And I love how there are so many that suit boys, I love the construction site and the pizza palour and the farm stand, obviously I will have a hard time picking if I win!

David, Ally, and Micah said...

These are so cute! I don't know which one I'd choose though!

Cynthia said...

Those are incredible. I love the one that has the garden and kitchen. Too cute.

Rachel (Jonah Brooke) said...

My son saw this and he really wants one.
Rachel
JonahBrooke225 (at) gmail.com

Pam said...

Wow - what a selection! I'm torn between the four seasons and the pirate ship.....

melacan at hotmail dot com

Jude said...

I actually had a dream that my sister and I sewed a card table playhouse for her little ones! I'd choose the girl's playhouse for our little Bella to play in while her big bro is in school. I'd love to win this pattern and make my dream come true (hee!). Thanks for the giveaway -- I'm visiting from Tip Junkie, and am very happy to have discovered your lovely blog.
Big "wave" from Cape Cod,
Jude at
dolcecapecod dot blogspot.com

Carolina Girl Mommy said...

Would love to win this and make one for my daughter!! I like the space one, but don't know which I would choose!

Desi
weeshareblog@gmail.com

VickiT said...

OH my goodness! Those are FABULOUS! I would love the little kid farmstand one. That's just super cute and I have all sorts of patterns to make pretend food that could be made to go with that. My Granddaughter just turned 3 yrs old and would LOVE something like that. Those are all just adorable.

Stephanie said...

Love all of these! I would love the 2nd or 3rd playhouse shown. So hard to choose!
Stephanie.Jepson@gmail.com

Lauren @ten23designs said...

I would love to win the Cranberry Cottage pattern.

My daughter is 1 1/2 and I just started to think about making her one of these. This would be a perfect holiday gift.

Erin Otness said...

I would love to make one of these for my boys for Christmas!! I think I would make the "garden to table" playhouse because they would have so much fun picking the vegetables and making dinner!

Hardy Family said...

These are so adorable. My girls would Love the neighborhood cafe.

Jenny31978 said...

Definitely the princess themed one! My oldest is OBSESSED with princesses.